Occasional snoring happens to almost everyone, however some people are more prone to frequent snoring than others. If snoring has become an issue for you or your sleeping partner and you would like to minimize or get rid of it completely, then try the tips below to see whether you can lessen the problem.
If you find you need an anti snoring mouthpiece then there is a video further on down this page that shows you how to custom fit it yourself.
Tips To Minimize Snoring
- Smoking can be a factor in your snoring levels. Quitting can ease this. Smoking causes tissue irritation that may cause swelling in the throat. Swelling of the throat is often the cause of snoring.
- Another way to help stop yourself from snoring, is by using a couple pillows and propping yourself up into a sitting position while sleeping. Nasal drainage will not obstruct your nose or throat and go down to your lungs right away. This will prevent you from snoring loudly.
- One way to beat snoring is to pucker up and make “fish faces”. It sounds funny, but making these faces will strengthen throat and facial muscles. So, suck your cheeks in while keeping your mouth closed. Pucker up like a fish! Do this a few times per day.
- If you don’t want to snore, drink plenty of water and other fluids. If you’re dehydrated, your nasal passage secretions are thicker and stickier, which can clog the airways and cause snoring. If you drink at least ten glasses of water — any beverage without caffeine will work — you will be less likely to snore.
- Congestion from allergies or other conditions which plug up your nose will cause snoring. Air can be blocked from coming through nasal passages which can cause you to snore. Before you go to sleep, take a decongestant to sleep better.
As you have seen here, snoring can be controlled, even when you aren’t aware that you are doing it. All it will take for you to reduce the amount of your snoring – or even eliminate it entirely – is to keep this article’s advice in mind and apply it with diligence.